The noni fruit has been widely used by the Polynesians to treat infections and inflammations caused by bacteria and viruses. Noni includes many antioxidants. Specifically, noni contains selenium, which enhances the skin’s elasticity. Selenium is an anti-aging substance that rejuvenates the skin. Because of these properties, manufacturers produce a beauty product from the noni fruit and introduced topical healing in noni soap bars.
Noni soap restores and repair body cells for healthy and young skin. It can help in the cleansing and treatment of various problems such as pimples, acne, rashes, itching, ringworm, eczema and other disorders. Noni seeds are also rich in linoleic acid, an example of an essential fatty acid that hydrates and prevents rough and irritated skin and skin eruptions.
The main parts used in manufacturing soap bars are the noni fruit and seeds, and blended with other essential oils and herbs to enhance the fragrance and skin health benefits of the noni soap. The noni soap is both a healing and aromatic experience for the users. Some producers sell organic noni soap bars; others may be scented or unscented. The noni soap bar is sold online for as low as $1.50 to $6 and bulk orders are also available.
When choosing your noni soap bar, carefully read the labels to determine what you actually needs. The following are the ingredients found in many brands:
- Olive oil and coco butter moisturize by holding the moisture on the skin without blocking the pores
- Kukui nut oil with high lanoleic and linoleic acids can cure sunburns and cracked skin; acne, eczema and psoriasis may also be healed.
- Macadamia nut oil is an important antioxidant and has a natural preservative property for longer shelf life
- Grapefruit seed extract also is a supplementary ingredient and an antioxidant. It has antibacterial, deodorizing, toning and antiseptic properties due to its high Vitamin C. It also helps preserve the shelf life of the noni soap.
- Lavender and Rosemary exfoliate and cleanse the skin; together with Aloe Vera gel and roots of Camphor they aid in healing especially of sunburned skin
- Scent of Hawaiian Plumeria blossoms gives a healing, comforting and refreshing effect to the skin.
- Ginger and papaya bring healing, refreshing and moisturizing feel.
- Sweet, creamy coconut and refreshing pineapple (Pinacolada) can offer wonderful healing effects.
- Peppermint essential oil and leaves of fresh spearmint give gentle exfoliation, healing and energizing experience.
- Gardenia scent, Island citrus and sandalwood can have a calming effect on the mind.
- Pikake gives a strong and sweet fragrance that becomes a luxurious treat to women. Pikake flowers were traditionally used bathe the bride before the wedding.
The noni soap is used like a regular soap bar. Lather your body using the soap, apply it on the affected areas, and rinse. Towel dry and feel the soothing effect on your skin.
Unlike the noni fruit juice, side effects when using noni soap is improbable. However just as a precaution to people with sensitive skin, try the noni soap on areas that are covered just in case any irritation will be observed.