Noni (Morinda citrifolia) has been gaining the support of people who have long been searching for a natural remedy to various health problems and those who want to maintain good health. Because health is wealth, people with existing medical conditions are looking for a miracle cure to some of the most prevalent chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, arthritis and ulcers. According to various researches, noni contains high amounts of phytonutrients (proxeronine, xeronine and selenium), which nourish the entire body from its cells, tissues and organs and help treat a number of health conditions.
Why Take Noni Capsules
Drinking noni fruit juice is the best way to get the full benefits of the noni fruits in terms of phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. However, noni juice is not always the most convenient. A bottle of noni needs to be refrigerated after opening so a light plastic bottle of noni capsules will just be a perfect alternative while getting almost the same benefits. Besides, noni capsules can conceal the taste and odor of the fruit.
How are noni capsules prepared? The most common method is freeze drying or dehydration. Noni capsules can be made from pure noni fruits although other parts of the fruits can also be included. Noni berries are freeze dried and placed in veggie capsules (plant-derived cellulose) to preserve the freshness and nutrient contents for at most 2 years, and to ensure that it is safe to ingest by everyone. Other capsules containing other noni parts can provide other nutrients not found in the fruits. A noni fruit capsule usually is about 500 to 1000 mg.
What is the recommended dosage for noni capsules? Noni capsules comes in 375mg , 500mg , 650mg and 1000mg veggie caps. Read the labels of the noni capsules that you buy because recommended dosage may vary in terms of their noni content in milligrams. Usually 1 to 2 noni capsules are recommended to be taken daily. If taking two capsules, you can take both in the morning, or split it into two but take them ½ hour before breakfast and ½ hour before lunch. Noni capsules should be taken on empty stomach for better absorption of nutrients by the system.
Others may try noni for the first time. This is excellent but two capsules daily must be taken for five consecutive days; then rest for two days from drinking noni is a must. The next week, follow the same and feel some improvement in one’s health. Resting for two days will allow the body to better absorb the nutrients. After two weeks, noni drinker can follow the regular dose of two capsules daily. Children can also take one noni capsule daily.
What are the benefits of noni capsules? Researches on drinkers of noni capsules showed dramatic improvement in their over-all wellness.
- Noni leaf capsules were reported to have reduced pain and fatigue among cancer patients who took a daily dose of 6 to to 8 grams according to the December 2009 issue of The Journal of Dietary Supplements.
- Although not yet confirmed by human study, noni leaves extract shortened the healing process among the rats as reported in a 2009 study published in “eCAM”.
- Capsules from noni leaves can protect healthy cells. In a published study in 2010 in the Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, noni was found to destroy cervical cancer cells in women.
- Noni capsules help in blood circulation, in maintaining low blood pressure level and in normalizing blood sugar levels.
- Antioxidants are found in noni fruits that may delay or prevent symptoms of aging and reduce the harmful effects of chemicals and pollutants. They also protect the healthy cells in the body by destroying free radicals and strengthening the immune system.
- Noni capsules with its laxative property help in improving digestion, and in cleansing the colon and the lower intestine.
- The active nutrients (anthraquinones, xeronine, scopoletin and terpenes, ) have proven to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties that reduce cellular inflammation, destroy bacteria and fungi, and promote general wellness by eliminating the pain in the brain.
Possible Side Effects
Are there any known side effects of noni capsules? Noni capsules are safe and certainly effective. But if you have a liver problem, you mustn’t take noni capsules because it might cause liver damage. Due to high potassium content in noni capsules, those under potassium-restricted diet are advised against drinking noni to avoid hyperkalemia. It is a serious health problem if not resolved may lead to kidney problems.
Because it’s health that we are concerned about, the best thing to do before trying on any treatment or medication is to consult your health care provider or physician.